We Are Here to Help
If you or one of your loved ones experiences an eye emergency, it is imperative to seek help immediately. Swift treatment can help save your eyesight. If you are unsure your symptoms warrant an emergency, contact us at Dr. Henslick Vision Center right away.
If we are closed, please proceed to the closest emergency room or urgent care center.
Common Eye Emergencies
Symptoms of chemical exposure can include:
- Eye pain
- Weeping eyes
- Red eyes
Common types of chemical injuries include:
- Irritants: Found in items with a more neutral PH like detergents and pepper spray.
- Alkali burns: Found in household objects such as fertilizer, cleaning products, and cement.
- Acid burns: Contained in products such as nail polish, vinegar, and car batteries.
Flush your eyes with cool, clean water for 15 minutes if you experience a chemical exposure, and call us immediately.
A puncture is a severe eye emergency.
If an object becomes embedded in your eye, it must be removed by a professional. The object should be immobilized. Seek medical attention immediately.
To immobilize an object embedded in the eye:
- Do not apply pressure. Leave the object as it is.
- The size of the object determines how it should be handled:
- If the object is small, cover both eyes with sterile bandages.
- If the object is large, tape a paper cup over the affected eye and cover the other eye with sterile bandages.
It is vital to wear appropriate eye protection in hazardous situations, like using chemicals or playing sports. Even a pair of sunglasses can offer additional protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays! Let’s work together to prevent eye emergencies.
We care for you and your families’ eyes at Dr. Henslick Vision Center. If you require emergency care, please contact us immediately. We are here to provide treatment in a professional and compassionate environment.
Come See What We’re About
Come For a Visit
Visit us today in the Plaza de la Paz shopping center. Take the entrance from La Paz Road, and you’ll find us right next to the Arco gas station. There is plenty of parking right out front!
- 27451B La Paz Rd
- Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed